New online course on developing adherence to treatment
A new online course on "Developing Adherence to treatment in Patients with Tuberculosis" is now available in Ukrainian language at the Online Resource Center on TB http://tb.ucdc.gov.ua/navchannya-onlayn.
The course is created within the Project USAID "Strengthening Tuberculosis Control in Ukraine" project. The training is conducted by Ludmila Miller, a medical psychologist.
The training has six modules:
- The concept of adherence to therapy. Determining factors and conditions that affect the treatment adherence development and support.
- Stages to adopt to the disease. How you can help your client?
- Types of reaction to illness and the concept of internal picture of the disease. Their influence on the development and support of treatment adherence.
- Motivational counseling. Stages of behavior change and cosultant's actions at each of the stages.
- Problem-oriented counseling. Help you can provide when interacting with a patient.